Monday 7 June 2010

Goals and plans

I’ve had a cracker of a year in terms of events and have spent the last three weeks enjoying a well - earned rest.

As you’d expect I’m now feeling recovered, strong and excited about getting my plans together for the next 12 months of events.

My goals at the beginning of the year were for a lot of longer events, but I have to say that after TNF 100, I’m changing my ideas about what I want to focus on. I’ve spent all year doing the long stuff and while I really enjoy it, I do miss pushing myself a bit harder at the shorter events. 10km runs, Half Marathons, Half Ironmans, even Marathons (if you can call marathons “shorter”). I also think that going long and slow is something I can do for a long time. However I’m only going to be able to go faster for a few more years before I start to slow down.

So for the remainder of this year I’m going to have a crack at breaking all my PBs! I’m throwing out the idea of Glasshouse 100 miler. As much as I want to do it, this is not the year.

My goals the rest of 2010 are now:
1) Sub 55 minutes City to Surf
2) Sub 37 minute 10km run
3) Sub 3 hour Marathon

With that in mind, the events are as follows:

3 July - Striders Homebush - 10km run
18 July - Hunter Valley Half Marathon - 21km run
31 July - Striders Lane Cove - 10km run
8 Aug - City to Surf - 14km run
21 Aug - Mt Wilson to Bilpin - 35km bush run
4 Sept - Striders North Head - 10km run
20 Sept - Sydney Marathon - 42km run
11 Oct - Fitzroy Falls Marathon - 42km bush run (in vibrams?)
6 Nov - Striders Lane Cove - 10km run
31 Oct - Port Macquarie Half Ironman - Triathlon
12 Dec - Canberra Half Ironman - Triathlon
5 Mar 2011 - Ironman New Zealand (Taupo) - Triathlon

Oh did I mention that I’ve entered Ironman NZ? I’m committed now!

2 comments:

Superflake said...

Good goals there Mike. See you at Striders July possibly.

inhisshadow said...

Some good goals there, and the goals/races look complimentary in their timings

Looks like our paths will cross at a lot of these races, should be good to try and keep up with you....
See you at the Hunter - if not before

Cheers